Saturday, November 04, 2006

New Ride

Yo! gotta new ride!
Just a Dell with a Gig of RAM and 160 Gig HD. After running with only 250 mb of RAM this is like flying. It's like the change from dial-up to cable. But the best of the new ride is the visual. It's a 19" flat screen. Way sharper than the old 17" CRS.
I spent the first few hrs trying to get rid of the more obvious crap they load 'for you convenience'. With more time and effort I can rid my ride of most of Dells intrussion.
I bought my first from some local guys and it had on it only what I asked for. A 250 MB HD, way big for it's day, two years later got a 500 put in the box with it and had two HD's WOW! After several up grades including a new motherboard the Blaster Worm took it down. On the same day a coustomer gave me a new system as a tip. It had more RAM, a bigger HD and nicer monitor so I let the old one slip away. That was my first exposure to commercial preload.
My first cost about 3k in '94 this one cost half that. My first was at least 50% made in America. This one was delivered by an American.

Zipidee DoDah

1 comment:

unclewesty said...

mine's bigger than yours! (at least the one at work is), but it is only polite to congradulate you on your acquisition. May you have many hours of speed and awe as you sit before your monitor with your cable, as I sit and snooze in front of my SMALLER and dial-up system. (my original zip-zop system at Hi-Tech and a 20 meg hard drive, I now have a 1 gig jump drive!)