Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1956


   As you can see this is not 1956. But that is the Ranch Wagon in question many miles later.
   I can remember the previous car. It was a green 53 two door Chevy. I remember riding in the back window to allow more space on the back seat.
    On my comment to your post Unc I'll correct me. Christmas of 55 you were 6 & I was 4. But my memory, and we both no that we're dealing with very fragile tools here ;~), has us aquiring the Wagon in Kansas City while stationed in Olathe. He bought the White Wagon in Bama the year this pic was taken, if I'm not mistaken and we returned to Maine. But at 4 years old Kansas City & Birmingham could very well be the same place. In 56 I turned 5 while we were stationed in Olathe and we were in school in Bath Maine the next fall.
   I do bow to Unc's memory him being 2 years older ;~)
   

4 comments:

unclewesty said...

I knew we were going to do this Maw Maw. You can't remember what you had for breakfast but you can remember when you were five! I will not date any more blogs. Maw Maw can fill in the dates. Fortunately, in the span of FIFTY FIVE years one year up or down doesn't really matter much. It was still titty pink!

unclewesty said...

I asked Mandy to check my comment and let me know if it sounded appropriately rebuffed. The difference between memories(the way YOU remember them, stories (which by definition have some give and take on what actually happened, and biography (with dates that match and everything)will be the doing and undoing of this little project. I'm just proud to still remember you're my brother. Can you imagine what this thing will be if we can get Rob to join in?

Mandapooh said...

please don't let dates keep you guys from telling us stories! I don't agree with Robby half the time about how or when something happened, so it's not how old your brain is, it'a a God given responsibility to disagree with your sibling to make sure they get it right. Just keep the stories coming and we'll sort out the dates later. And Daddy, name calling is mean.

Leslie said...

I agree with Mandy that dates certainly don't matter. And can I just say that I'm still rolling on the floor laughing at Uncle Ray saying, "titty pink"! :-) haha!e