Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Twas the Day before The Day before The Day before


Sunday & Sunday night I was working on some stained glass for Brendan & Caitlin. It was a rendition of her parents house that they asked me to do for them to give as a gift to her parents. Due to weather & schedule constraints it needed to be done by Monday morning. I finished it at 4:30 Monday morning. When I left my shop to go upstairs for some sleep there were geese honking and carrying on out on the lake. It was pitch black & -5 degrees, so crisp and cold. I got up about 8 and cleaned up the glass & framed it. Brendan was on the road by 9 or 10. I used up probably half of his time off that he could spend with Caitlin for Christmas & felt real bad about it but couldn't help it. I left at 1 PM to go to Kutztown to help Evan move the last of his stuff home. I got to bring "The Bay City Roller" back! An uneventful trip until I was about 10 miles from home. Up on I-84 there was a sudden lake effect snow squall and the road iced over. In a line of cars I was third. The cars in front of me successfully slowed without losing control but with my pickups light rear end I wasn't as lucky. I did manage through luck, skill, and the hand of Jesus, to regain control without leaving the road or bouncing off of one of the other cars. I wound up side ways in the left lane passing the cars before me. The fellow behind me wasn't as lucky. I saw in my rear view mirror that he lost it and after slamming the car I just missed left the road.
After getting home and having a 'Double Shot' Hot Toddy I cooked diner a relaxed on the sofa planning on hittin the sack early. Not according to Murphy's plans. The dishwasher quit discharging water after each cycle. After an hour & a half of every thing I could think of doing short of dismantling it (Yes I tried kicking it first)I gave up and went to bed. This morning I dismantled it. It now works. It had nothing to do with the machine. Turned out to be a clogged drain line under the house.
So when asked "What are you doin to get ready for Christmas?" People better be ready to spend some time with me 'cause I got stuff to say :~)
Hope all your preparations for his coming bring you closer to him. I almost mentioned him while working on the dishwasher this morning but it wouldn't have been in a good way so I let it go until I was done then I gave thanks.
Zipidee

No comments: