Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Snow

Well this should get things 'White for Christmas'. It started snowing about 9:30. The snow is predicted to be 8 to 10 inches by 9 tonight. Course they predicted it would start around 2 or 3 this afternoon so maybe they'll get the amount wrong too. Lookin out the window the other side of the lake has disappeared but I can still see our beach. It'll have to come down at about an inch an hour to reach their predictions.
Heard from a friend in the Mobile area this morning. He was on his way to the water to fish from his Kayak. Isn't this a great country? I'll be shoveling fresh snow this evening & he'll be cleaning fresh caught fish.
Went down to the church this morning to get the pageant props & other seasonal props out of the shed. Won't be able to get to the shed tomorrow. Our food pantry opened early hoping the families could come early to get their groceries. We also set up a small toy store where they can pick out presents for their families. Price is the same on all items -- one smile.
Knowing things are tight for all this year I'm more than grateful for all that I have. There was a young couple standing outside as I left, he was obviously debating whether he was going in or not. There were pleading tears in her eyes. I started to pass by without interfering but something made me put my arm around his shoulder and say "Jesus put the food & toys in our basement for you & your family. Please come with me and accept his gift". I led them in, introduced them to to Pantry crew and left.
God is good. Always!
Zipidee!

No comments: