Thursday, November 06, 2008

Yo Unce!!

As opposed to commenting on the Wise One's very well stated blog on his blog and missing the chance of 'Bloggin' on my own I'll comment using the F.O.
Agreed that the real bugger needin oversight is Congress. Both houses. What needs doin is riddin the halls of money totin lobbyist! As long as we allow them to buy our congressman's vote my vote, your vote, isn't worth a 'Yankee Dime' on a donkey's butt.
Like Cliff Claven at Cheer's I'm not allowed in Scranton when any of the 'Politicos' are there ;~) I 'E'mail my opinions (and boy I got 'em!) to every public employee that's answerable to me as a voting citizen.
Folks I've never been comfortable with political labels. They're even self imposed without a thorough definition. No one thinks alike. There's always that personal shading to any issue. So there are parts of my understanding that are shared with me and every division of the spectrum that are politics.
I'm a Christian & most of the folks I know that vote are Christians. So what's not gettin from our prayers & actions to our elected officials. I totally don't believe in any conspiracy or 'Evil Cabal'. Get your Senators & Representatives 'E'dress and bombard them.
On the point of Blog that was 'Wisdom's' opening statement I must come in at the otherside of the event.
This is not meant as, and hopefully won't sound like, a "Your Guy Beat My Guy......" but Wow! When we moved from Calif. to Montevallo in '67 I started the 11th grade in a segregated Highschool. It was the second semester of that year that the first 4 blacks started going to school there. There were no blacks in my graduating class.
I'm so proud of America right now! If we could just get over the gender thing, uh.. & the homophobe thing, uh.. & the .....

Zippidee DoDah!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Getting over it - Amen. My over-arching thoughts to life (especially of the Christian variety) is that it's ours to accept and love - not exclude and judge. Whether or not I think it's the right thing, it's not mine to judge them. I was commanded to LOVE them - no matter who "them" is.