Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Reassess

I hate it when I start questioning the things that I've always held to be at the core of my understanding. Fer instance. I believe that we each exist in our own seperate reality. Example. Try descibing the color blue to someone. You may eventualy, after several different attempts and adjectives, feel that you've conveyed to them the color blue. Don't bet on it. By the time they've described their interpretation of your description you'll know you've failed. Same with taste, emotion, etc, etc.
But enough about you. Get yer own blog. I've recently had to scale back on how in charge of my reality I actually am or feel I am. If my reality is mine, and mine is a posessive statement, then I should be able to alter it as I see fit but that doesn't seem to be the case. If I were in charge wouldn't my end be better? Wouldn't I know smarter, neater nicer people? Not that the people I know lack those qualities but like one drink is good a buncha drinks is more good. So wouldn't I upgrade all of my situations.
Kinda like the computer you 'Buy'. It's yours right? So you can do anything with it or to it that you want. Right? Wrong. You ever get that 'Access Denied' thing? Well that means you -- the owner -- can't do that. True if you had more computer abilities you could get around that but why should you have to. Remember in 98 it always asked "Are you Sure you wanna do this?" and you knew you didn't. Well at least it was politely saying the same thing.
So Scaling back might mean I have to change the possesive 'Mine' part and settle for the adaptable reality that I'm forced, by that reality, to inhabit.
Zipidee DoDah

1 comment:

unclewesty said...

it is surely a sad state of affairs when a fella rants and no one hears that tree fall in the woods. I fear that our security as unknown bloggers is all too real. Unless you notify fellow bloggers of your existance you are delegated to an existance of talking to your self. Hell, I could do that without a computer.
You stay unknown unless someone guesses that you might be a brother and writes bakc to keep you company.