Friday, October 27, 2006

MoStuff

Headin into a weekend. We'll be visited by our older two. Friday to Sunday for the college guy, Sunday to Monday for the working man. Their paths may cross, may not. No longer controling those scenarios. Less to worry about.
Last time that gravity, coordination, and a failure to complete an action conspired to render my body prone to the ground while my mind was at least two more steps down the path I'd chosen to take I wound up with seriously craked ribs.
I, like unclewesty, was taken by suprise by this sudden redirection of my corporal form and being suddenly distracted my reaction to stave off the eminent colision of my face with the ground was a failure because gravity is now a faster force in nature than my physical speed. This resulted in the hand that was raised to my cranial defence only making it as high as my chest and had not splayed it's appendages to form a flat cussioning pad but remained a hard balled up rock that the full force of my mass times gravity times unmoveable terra firma ='d cracked ribs.
After this incidence I could look back as if in slow motion (although the event was only a fraction of a second in length) and see where had my poor slow synapses and even slower physical response merely shut down all together the automatic reflex to turn my face and upper body could have kicked in resulting in a bruised sholder and knot on the noggin that would have been a mere memory in a couple of days instead of the several weeks of constant reminding of my failing abilities the ribs remained.
My advice (why should unc be the only sage?) is to do all your falling while still young and bounceable. I once, when younger, fell 25 feet on my back landing on a stack of cinder blocks got up and finished the days work. If I fell out of bed now days it would be a 911 call.
Used to have 20 20 hindsight too but now that the hind is bigger than 20 20 I try not to sight it at all!

Zipidee DoDah

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Okay, my curiosity has passed the "peaked" staged and has actually boiled over! From reading the postings back and forth between Unclewesty (whose Identity I know) and you, I surmise that you are (as my original gut feeling told me) one of my numerous smart-alec family members. From the way you write and the things you write about, I have a good guess, but fear being wrong in my assumption! WHO THE HECK IS THIS?!? :-D