Saturday, September 12, 2009

Random memrys

Fizzies
The first fizzy on your tongue (before Space Rocks)
The little jar with matches in it in Maw Maws bathroom in the Mill village. The original 'Air freshener' ;~)
Sheri's Big Bald Doll. Well not completely bald but near nuf.
Rob's Chrome 3 Speed
Ray's 2 seater Lambretta scooter.
Granddads office
The Wilkins boys, behavior beyond our experience
Visiting the Keels in Johnson City
Using milk weed pods as grenades in battles in the Aldrich's field in Lisbon Center.
Walking to the little store in LC to buy home made penny candy. Red Hot Jaw Breakers
Selling the morning paper in the Millington Base Hospital. Scary at first.
Losing friends almost as fast as you made them.
Having a Southern accent in Maine and a Yankee accent in Tenn without altering your speech pattern one bit.
First 'real' job -- Busing tables at a Sizzler Steak House
First day in a new school
Getting to the one room school in Lisbon Center early on the first of May to surprise the teacher with flowers.
Hearin Elvis's 'Hound Dog'on the car radio for the first time while driving from Bath to Brunswick
Not associating with your siblings at each new school but not knowing what you'd do without them.
My first 'Steady' the exotic Rene van Tuyll von Serooskerken
Helpin the Milk Man in Olathe deliver milk & baked goods & occasionally being allowed to ride on the running board.
My first car. A Chevy coupe peddle power. my Paw Paw got it for me on my 4th birthday
Ray being hit by a car while riding his bike
Winning a bicycle rodeo in Brunswick. The prize was a light for my bike that had a generator
Riding bikes Everywhere
Making my first skateboard out of a chunk of 2x4 and a steel wheel skate at Pt Mugu
Trick or treating in Zaymore Homes, 1st grade. One guy was making the kids do a trick to get the treat. I told Dad. He said to go back with a bar of soap & ask the guy if he wanted it on his screen or on his window. The guy gave me my candy while mumbling.
Team wrestling on Dad when he'd get home from deployment.


Zippidee

2 comments:

Mandapooh said...

why surprise the teacher on the first of May? I've never heard of Daddy getting hit by a car. And what was your opinion of Hound Dog the first time you heard it?

Zipidee said...

It was a May Day (Spring Starts) tradition there & we always participated in the local traditions.
I remember it like yesterday. Was so concerned that my big brother was at the hospital & Mom was so concerned.
We thought it was great!