Monday, December 03, 2007

Coming soon

In 18 days I head Home. Home for Christmas! Yippee! Where I close out all the crap and focus on family & friends. Back when the boys were younger the rare trip south for Christmas was usually a logistical nightmare. Getting it there and them there without them knowing it was there took some of the 'close out all the crap' away. Nowadays the secret's out (but not openly spoken of) so I can get in the car and drive.
Which brings up the reason for this particular blog. Not a rant but a justification.
I like driving straight through. It brings up so many memories of Dad. I know that when I get there, safe & sound as Dad always did, Mawmaw & Pawpaw, Mamo & Grandad will be there waiting to tell me how special I am. I like to find an old country station at 4 am while my family sleeps then stop as the sun comes up for coffee and breakfast.
Although the
"Clanton
A great place to visit
A better place to live"

sign has been replaced by a nightmare Peach the site tells me I'm Home and really sets my Christmas in gear.
So counting the days soon to be the minutes!

Zipidee DooDah

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Yea! We are so glad that your visits have gotten so much more frequent!!! Excited about seeing you guys! Actually told an Uncle Ric at Christmas story tonight. :-) Good times!

Mandapooh said...

The countdown has started! I can't wait to see all of you. And tell Lee I'm expecting him to come stay with me at least one night while you're here.

Anonymous said...

Add uncle westy to the can't waits. Looking forward to having everyone here again.