Friday, September 10, 2010

Buna Lois Bertie Garner


    I've been blessed in knowing several truly 'good' women in my life but Aunt Buna was special. Whenever I was with her she made me feel like I was the only child in her heart. Now I know that she made many feel that way, it was one of her gifts, but I'll allow myself to believe it was only me.

    She laughed all the time, not a great guffaw but a melodic chuckle, and praised the works of her family & friends and the blessings bestowed upon her by her Lord & Savior. She saw almost everything as a blessing and was eager to share them with you.

    Buna lived by herself after Uncle Jimmy passed away in May of 1981 in the house at Macedonia that her father-in-law built at the turn of the Century. She never learned to drive and relied on friends & family for transportation. She reluctantly agreed to a move to the nursing home in Clanton just a few years ago when she could no longer hobble about her home and care for herself.

    Yesterday, while unknown to me she lay dying, I was trying to recount how many great Aunts & Uncles I had. 22 not counting their spouses. I remember almost all of them but I'll never forget Aunt Buna and how she said "Rickey" with a beaming smile.

    Rest in Peace sweetheart! You've gone to the reward you've prepared for all of your life. Say hey to the family for me. Love You!

No Zip today

3 comments:

Leslie said...

She was a special lady for sure. If I could hug you now, I would. :) Love you.

unclewesty said...

I went to the funeral with Mom and Sheri. You couldn't be there in person but I felt your presence.
We missed you.

Zipidee said...

I've not been there for far too many and I regret it. Thanks for thinking of me as you attended.